Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series.
- #1: Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #5) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #6: Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #6) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #7: All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #14) (Hardcover): $18.00
Dead Reckoning, the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel by Charlaine Harris, was just as good as the ones before. Sookie is trying to discover who destroyed Merlotte’s, and all the while is getting wrapped up in Eric and Pam’s plan to kill their vampire master.
Harris has such a knack for creating the feel of the south in her books. It is easy as a reader to get caught up in the southern charm. Another great thing about this series, is that the characters just keeping getting more interesting and diverse. Harris does such a great job of making her vampires span the world, giving her readers great character dynamics to follow. This is such a fun series to read, and perfect for lounging by the beach.— Sherry
Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, psychic Sookie Stackhouse learns that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human in this novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series—the inspiration for the HBO® original series True Blood.
With her knack for being in trouble’s way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte’s, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover, Eric Northman, and his “child” Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot—which is much more complicated than she knows...
About the Author
Charlaine Harris is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Sookie Stackhouse and Midnight, Texas, fantasy/mystery series and the Aurora Teagarden, Harper Connelly, and Lily Bard mystery series. Her books have inspired HBO’s True Blood, NBC’s Midnight, Texas, and the Aurora Teagarden movies for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. She has lived in the South her entire life.
Praise for #1 New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse novels
“It’s the kind of book you look forward to reading before you go to bed, thinking you’re only going to read one chapter, and then you end up reading seven.”—Alan Ball, executive producer of True Blood
“Vivid, subtle, and funny in her portrayal of southern life.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Charlaine Harris has vividly imagined telepathic barmaid Sookie Stackhouse and her small-town Louisiana milieu, where humans, vampires, shapeshifters, and other sentient critters live...Her mash-up of genres is delightful, taking elements from mysteries, horror stories, and romances.”—Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“The series continues to be inventive and funny with an engaging, smart, and sexy heroine.”—The Denver Post
“Blending action, romance, and comedy, Harris has created a fully functioning world so very close to our own, except, of course, for the vamps and other supernatural creatures.”—The Toronto Star