Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Kate Shugak Mysteries series.
- #1: A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Dead in the Water (Kate Shugak Mysteries #3) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #4: A Cold-Blooded Business (Kate Shugak Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #5: Play with Fire (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #7: Breakup (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #8: Killing Grounds (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #9: Hunter's Moon (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #20: Bad Blood (Hardcover): Email or call for price
It's a crisp, snowless October in The Park. The root cellar is full, the cordwood is stacked, the oil drums are filled and there's a freshly-butchered moose in her cache, but Kate Shugak must leave her cabin and head into the chaos of Anchorage, where the Alaska Federation of Natives' annual convention is being held. Why? Because board members of the Niniltna Native Association have been dying...board members who just happened to oppose a lucrative new development project. If it's just a coincidence, perhaps Kate will find nothing, but this is Alaska--politics and profit are constantly at odds with conservation and traditional practices, and anyone looking too closely is likely to discover something unsavory.