Other Books in Series
This is book number 20 in the Kate Shugak Mysteries series.
- #1: A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Dead in the Water (Kate Shugak Mysteries #3) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #4: A Cold-Blooded Business (Kate Shugak Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #5: Play with Fire (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: Blood Will Tell (Kate Shugak Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #7: Breakup (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #8: Killing Grounds (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #9: Hunter's Moon (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
"New York Times" bestselling author Dana Stabenow's latest, "Bad Blood," finds Kate Shugak entangled in a bitter tribal rivalry and murder
In Alaska, one hundred years of bad blood between the villages of Kushtaka and Kuskulana come to a boil when the body of a young Kushtaka ne'er-do-well is found wedged in a fish wheel. Sergeant Jim Chopin's prime suspect is a Kuskulana man who is already in trouble in both villages for falling in love across the river. But when the suspect disappears, members of both tribes refuse to speak to Jim. When a second murder that looks suspiciously like payback occurs, Jim has no choice but to call in Kate Shugak for help. This time, though, her Park relationships may not be enough to sort out the truth hidden in the tales of tragedy and revenge.
About the Author
DANA STABENOW, "New York Times" bestseller and Edgar Award winner, is the author of nineteen previous Kate Shugak novels, four Liam Campbell mysteries, three science-fiction novels, and two thrillers. She was born, raised, and lives in Alaska, where she was awarded the Governor's Award for the Humanities. MARGUERITE GAVIN has recorded over three hundred audiobooks in numerous genres. Her work has won "AudioFile" Earphones and "Publishers Weekly" Listen-Up awards as well as a nomination for the prestigious "Audie "award. "AudioFile" magazine says "Marguerite Gavin is an accomplished storyteller . . . with a sonorous voice, rich and full of emotion, she easily delivers wry humor and moves smoothly from accent to accent, recalling multiple characters perfectly." Gavin divides her time as an actress between the sound studio and classical theater. She lives in the Washington, DC area."
“Gavin, the reader of previous series titles, is comfortable in Kate’s prickly skin.” – Booklist