Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Irish Country Books series.
- #1: An Irish Country Doctor: A Novel (Irish Country Books #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: An Irish Country Village: A Novel (Irish Country Books #2) (Paperback): $19.99
- #3: An Irish Country Christmas: A Novel (Irish Country Books #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel (Irish Country Books #5) (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: An Irish Country Wedding: A Novel (Irish Country Books #7) (Paperback): $18.99
- #9: An Irish Doctor in Peace and at War: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #9) (Hardcover): $27.49
- #10: An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #10) (Paperback): $21.99
- #11: An Irish Country Love Story: A Novel (Irish Country Books #11) (Paperback): $17.99
- #12: An Irish Country Practice: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: An Irish Country Cottage: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #13) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #14: An Irish Country Family: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #14) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #15: An Irish Country Welcome (Irish Country Books #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
Fans of Taylor's bestselling Irish Country novels know Dr. Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly as the irascible senior partner of a general practice in the colorful Irish village of Ballybucklebo. Newly married to his once long-lost sweetheart, he's ready to settle into domestic bliss, but there's always something requiring his attention, be it a riding accident, a difficult patient with a worrisome heart condition, a spot of grouse-hunting, or even some tricky shenanigans at the local dog races.
The everyday complications of village life are very different from the challenges Fingal faced nearly thirty years earlier, when fresh out of medical school, the young Dr. O'Reilly accepts a post at the Aungier Street Dispensary, tending to the impoverished denizens of Dublin's tenement slums. Yet even as he tries to make a difference, Fingal's tireless devotion to his patients may cost him his own true love….
Shifting back and forth between the present and the past, Patrick Taylor's captivating Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor, brings to life both the green young man O'Reilly once was and the canny village doctor readers have come to know and admire.
About the Author
Patrick Taylor, M.D., is the author of the Irish Country books, including An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas, An Irish Country Girl, and An Irish Country Courtship. Taylor was born and raised in Bangor, County Down, in Northern Ireland. After qualifying as a specialist in 1969, he worked in Canada for thirty-one years. He now lives on Saltspring Island, British Columbia.
“The novel is charming, full of Irish wit and wisdom and, of course, all the village characters we've come to love. For those just discovering the Irish doctor, this book can stand on its own, but it will leave the reader wanting more.” —Booklist on Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor
“What Herriot did for Yorkshire, Taylor does for Northern Ireland…minus the animals, of course, but with all the good sentiments.” —Kirkus Reviews on An Irish Country Wedding
“Taylor is a bang-up storyteller who captivates and entertains from the first word.” —Publishers Weekly on An Irish Country Girl
“The author laces his heartwarming moments with liberal doses of whiskey and colorful Ulster invectives.” —Chicago Sun-Times
“Patrick Taylor has become probably the most popular Irish-Canadian writer of all time.” —The Globe and Mail