Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Irish Country Books series.
- #1: An Irish Country Doctor: A Novel (Irish Country Books #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: An Irish Country Village: A Novel (Irish Country Books #2) (Paperback): $19.99
- #3: An Irish Country Christmas: A Novel (Irish Country Books #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel (Irish Country Books #5) (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #8) (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: An Irish Doctor in Peace and at War: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #9) (Hardcover): $27.49
- #10: An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #10) (Paperback): $21.99
- #11: An Irish Country Love Story: A Novel (Irish Country Books #11) (Hardcover): $28.59
- #12: An Irish Country Practice: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: An Irish Country Cottage: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #13) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #14: An Irish Country Family: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #14) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #15: An Irish Country Welcome (Irish Country Books #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
An Irish Country Wedding is another heart-warming tale from New York Times bestselling author Patrick Taylor.
Love is in the air in the colourful Ulster village of Ballybucklebo, where Dr. Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly has finally proposed to the darling of his youth, Kitty O'Hallorhan. There's a wedding to be planned, but before O'Reilly can make it to the altar, he and his young colleague, Barry Laverty, M.B., must deal with the usual round of eccentric patients—and crises both large and small.
Being a G.P. in a place like Ballybucklebo often means more than simply splinting broken bones and tending to aches and pains. It can also mean helping a struggling young couple acquire their first home, clearing the name of a cat accused of preying on a neighbor's prize pigeons, and encouraging a bright working-class girl who dreams of someday becoming a doctor herself. And, if you're Barry Laverty, still smarting from a painful breakup, there might even be a chance for a new romance with a lovely school teacher, if her passionate political convictions don't get in the way.
Much has changed in Ballybucklebo, and bigger changes are in store, but the lives and practices of these Irish country doctors remain as captivating and irresistible as ever.
About the Author
Patrick Taylor, M.D., is the author of the Irish Country books, including An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas, An Irish Country Girl, and An Irish Country Courtship. Taylor was born and raised in Bangor, County Down, in Northern Ireland. After qualifying as a specialist in 1969, he worked in Canada for thirty-one years. He now lives on Saltspring Island, British Columbia.
“A spirited and compassionate story filled with pastoral Irish imagery, cheerful village life, and heartwarming romance.” —Booklist on An Irish Country Wedding
“Taylor is a bang-up storyteller who captivates and entertains from the first word.” —Publishers Weekly on An Irish Country Girl
“Patrick Taylor has become probably the most popular Irish-Canadian writer of all time.” —The Globe and Mail
“Taylor masterfully charts the small victories and defeats of Irish village life.” —Irish America Magazine