The Unkindest Tide (October Daye #13) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the October Daye series.
- #1: Rosemary and Rue: An October Daye Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: An Artificial Night (October Daye #3) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #4: Late Eclipses (October Daye #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: One Salt Sea (October Daye #5) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #6: Ashes of Honor (October Daye #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Chimes at Midnight (October Daye #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: The Winter Long (October Daye #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye #9) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #10: Once Broken Faith (October Daye #10) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #11: The Brightest Fell (October Daye #11) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #12: Night and Silence (October Daye #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #14: A Killing Frost (October Daye #14) (Hardcover): $29.70
- #15: When Sorrows Come: An October Daye Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #16: Be the Serpent (October Daye #16) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #17: Sleep No More (October Daye #17) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #18: The Innocent Sleep (October Daye #18) (Hardcover): $28.00
Now in hardcover, the thirteenth novel of the Hugo-nominated, New York Times-bestselling Toby Daye urban fantasy series!
Hundreds of years ago, the Selkies made a deal with the sea witch: they would have the sea for as long as she allowed it, and when the time came, she would call in all their debts at once. Many people assumed that day would never come. Those people were wrong.
When the Luidaeg--October "Toby" Daye's oldest and most dangerous ally--tells her the time has come for the Selkies to fulfill their side of the bargain, and that Toby must be a part of the process, Toby can't refuse. Literally. The Selkies aren't the only ones in debt to the Luidaeg, and Toby has to pay what she owes like anyone else. They will travel to the fabled Duchy of Ships and call a convocation of the Selkies, telling them to come and meet the Luidaeg's price...or face the consequences.
Of course, nothing is that simple. When Dianda Lorden's brother appears to arrest Dianda for treason against the Undersea, when a Selkie woman is stripped of her skin and then murdered, when everything is falling apart, that's when Toby will have to answer the real question of the hour.
Is she going to sink? Or is she going to swim?
About the Author
Seanan McGuire lives and works in Washington State, where she shares her somewhat idiosyncratic home with her collection of books, creepy dolls, and enormous blue cats. When not writing--which is fairly rare--she enjoys travel, and can regularly be found any place where there are cornfields, haunted houses, or frogs. A Campbell, Hugo, and Nebula Award-winning author, Seanan's first book (Rosemary and Rue, the beginning of the October Daye series) was released in 2009, with more than twenty books across various series following since. Seanan doesn't sleep much.
You can visit her at www.seananmcguire.com.
Praise for the October Daye series:
"The top of my urban-paranormal series list! I am so invested in the worldbuilding and the characters.... The romance is real and awesome, but doesn't overshadow the adventure." —Felicia Day
"The 13th outing for Daye is just as fresh and exciting as the first. McGuire has built a complex world, where seemingly loose ends are woven tightly into the series. Highly recommended." —Library Journal (starred)
"Toby’s combination of pragmatic heroism and relentless self-destruction makes her a compelling heroine in a secret folklore-filled world that still feels fresh and dangerous after all this time." —Publishers Weekly
"The worldbuilding in this series has astonishing depth, and Night and Silence is no exception—12 books in, McGuire is still giving readers fascinating new pieces of the Faerie puzzle." —Booklist
"I can't believe McGuire can come up with another adventure as riveting as this one. But then I say that after every book in this series." —SFRevu
"McGuire has never lacked for courage in her writing.... The phenomenally inventive October Daye series showcases her narrative daring and ingenuity beautifully." —RT Reviews
"Prepare to be dazzled.... Like the best of urban fantasy, with each reveal and mystery solved, Toby's world grows ever more enticing. As seductive as Faerie itself, this is one series I could never give up." —All Things Urban Fantasy
"These books are like watching half a season of your favorite television series all at once.... More than anything else, it's the fun of it all that's kept me returning to McGuire's books and to this series." —SF Signal
"The plot is strong, the characterization is terrific, the tragedies hurt...and McGuire's usual beautiful writing and dark humor are present and accounted for. This has become one of my favorite urban fantasy series." —Fantasy Literature