On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Andy Carpenter Series series.
- #1: Open and Shut (The Andy Carpenter Series #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: First Degree (The Andy Carpenter Series #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Bury the Lead (The Andy Carpenter Series #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Sudden Death (The Andy Carpenter Series #4) (Mass Market): $26.39
- #6: Play Dead (The Andy Carpenter Series #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: New Tricks (The Andy Carpenter Series #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Dog Tags (The Andy Carpenter Series #8) (Mass Market): $8.99
Edgar Award finalist and author of Bury the Lead, a Today Show Book Club pick, returns with a tale of murder and deadly secrets in an ultra-secretive religious community.
DEAD CENTER finds Andy Carpenter reentering the dating scene with comic results. He is surprised at what a hot ticket he seems to be, and this proves to be a mixed blessing at best. His friends are all too eager to provide advice and guidance, but of course they know just as little about the dating world as Andy. Whether the woman he is dating at the moment is terrific or far from it, the spectra of Laurie always hangs over his head. He has strong feelings of bitterness towards her for leaving, but she is, after all, the love of his life. He has had no contact with her at all, and can only assume she is back in Findlay, serving in the number two job on the local police force. Then one day he returns to the office to find Laurie waiting for him. Laurie has arrested a young man for murder and, though the evidence clearly called for his arrest, she believes he is innocent. The accused is the son of Laurie's oldest friend and she believes Andy is the best person to represent him. Andy follows Laurie back to Wisconsin where he must explore a secretive religious community that seems to hold the truth about what really happened to the deceased.
About the Author
David Rosenfelt is the former marketing president for Tri-Star Pictures and lives in Southern California.