Just in time for the holidays—here comes Santa Cat! From the author of The Quiet Book and Here Comes the Easter Cat comes a hilarious holiday adventure!
Cat took on a bunny in Here Comes the Easter Cat, but now Christmas is coming, and Cat has a hunch he's not on Santa's "nice" list. Which means? No presents for Cat. So he tries to be good, but children, it seems, aren't wild for his brand of gift-giving. Still, Cat might surprise himself, and best of all, he may just get to meet the man in the red suit himself—and receive a holiday surprise of his own. Fans of Pete the Cat, Splat the Cat, and Bad Kitty will delight in this holiday treat.
* "Excellent . . . An ideal holiday pick for the naughty and nice alike."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
"There is a sweetness to this story that illustrates the joy of sharing in a manner that is refreshingly free of goody-goody or didactic sentiment. . . . Get yourself—and all the little ones in your life—a copy of Here Comes Santa Cat, and you will all treasure it for years to come."—Katrina Fleming for OurHenHouse.org
About the Author
Deborah Underwood (www.deborahunderwoodbooks.com) is the author of Here Comes the Easter Cat and the New York Times bestseller The Quiet Book. She lives in San Francisco, CA.
Claudia Rueda (www.claudiarueda.com) is a full-time illustrator and lives in Colombia.
Praise for Here Comes Santa Cat
* "Excellent . . . An ideal holiday pick for the naughty and nice alike." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
* “Readers will enjoy the playful exchange between the narrator and Cat, the expressive full-color ink and colored-pencil cartoonlike illustrations, and the nicely resolved ending. Great for reading one-on-one or in small groups.” —School Library Journal, starred review
"Quite a charming character, that Cat." —Kirkus
"Will keep kids giggling. Underwood and Rueda’s spot-on use of comedic timing, page turns, white space, and layout creates another holiday winner." —Horn Book
"Loads of clever fun . . . Cat, boldly standing out on white pages, eventually makes for an excellent holiday hero." —Booklist
"Cat’s expressive wordless communications and the narrator’s voice—by turns kindly, jovial, and exasperated—are as diverting as they were in the first tale. . . . Kids will easily relate to Cat’s childlike demeanor and his grumpiness at the thought of going presentless on Christmas. This would make an excellent selection for holiday gift-giving." —BCCB
There is a sweetness to this story that illustrates the joy of sharing in a manner that is refreshingly free of goody-goody or didactic sentiment. . . . Get yourself—and all the little ones in your life—a copy of Here Comes Santa Cat, and you will all treasure it for years to come.” —Katrina Fleming for OurHenHouse.org
Praise for Here Comes the Easter Cat
"Underwood uses a clever narrative technique to tell her light-as-air story." —The New York Times
* "Will be enjoyed in storytimes as well as one-on-one. The combination of witty text, plentiful white space, and brilliant images make this a truly winning book." —School Library Journal, starred review
* "Utterly endearing." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Cat’s signs and facial expressions are cheekily amusing, sometimes contradicting the narrator (he holds up a poster of hearts while sticking out his tongue in disgust as the narrator states, “Well, of course everyone loves the Easter Bunny”). Add it to an Easter or cat storytime lineup, or tuck it into a cat-lover’s Easter basket." —BCCB, starred review