Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series.
- #1: Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #5) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #6: Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #6) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #7: All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #14) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
Charlaine Harris’ Dead Ever After concludes the story of Sookie Stackhouse in a very dramatic but satisfying way. Sookie’s life has become a bit hectic lately. Her relationship with Eric is on rocky ground, things with Sam are still weird but starting to get back to normal, and now she is being charged with murder. The news of her being arrested immediately brings all of her old friends back to help and support her. And of course, Sookie will not rest until she discovers who the true murderer is.
I thought Dead Ever After was a nice wrap up to the series. The book was filled with everything that we have grown to love about Sookie and Bon Temps. Sookie was still funny, there was an exciting mystery to solve, and of course a touch of romance to keep things interesting. Harris made sure to bring back characters that we all loved as well as the not so loved, giving a little closure with all of the characters. There have been mixed feeling about who Sookie finally falls in love with and stays with, but I thought it was perfect. I think that Harris picked the perfect person for Sookie. When you think about all the things that she loves and who she is as a person, then you realize how perfect the ending truly is. I am looking forward to what Harris creates next. She did leave a little wiggle room for a few spin off series featuring some of the other characters, but who knows what she will come up with. In the meantime, there’s always her other series to read. Our staff favorite, aside from the True Blood series, would be the Grave series. It is a fantastic paranormal mystery.— Sherry
THE FINAL NOVEL IN THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING SOOKIE STACKHOUSE SERIES—the inspiration for the HBO® original series True Blood.
When a shocking murder rocks the small town of Bon Temps, Louisiana, psychic cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse learns that she has more than one enemy waiting to get vengeance for the past. Beacuse nothing is ever clear-cut in Bon Temps. What passes for truth is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...
About the Author
Charlaine Harris is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Sookie Stackhouse and Midnight, Texas, fantasy/mystery series and the Aurora Teagarden, Harper Connelly, and Lily Bard mystery series. Her books have inspired HBO’s True Blood, NBC’s Midnight, Texas, and the Aurora Teagarden movies for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. She has lived in the South her entire life.
Praise for #1 New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse novels
“It’s the kind of book you look forward to reading before you go to bed, thinking you’re only going to read one chapter, and then you end up reading seven.”—Alan Ball, executive producer of True Blood
“Vivid, subtle, and funny in her portrayal of southern life.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Charlaine Harris has vividly imagined telepathic barmaid Sookie Stackhouse and her small-town Louisiana milieu, where humans, vampires, shapeshifters, and other sentient critters live...Her mash-up of genres is delightful, taking elements from mysteries, horror stories, and romances.”—Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“The series continues to be inventive and funny with an engaging, smart, and sexy heroine.”—The Denver Post
“Blending action, romance, and comedy, Harris has created a fully functioning world so very close to our own, except, of course, for the vamps and other supernatural creatures.”—The Toronto Star