Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Cackleberry Club Mysteries series.
- #1: Eggs in Purgatory (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #2: Eggs Benedict Arnold (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #3: Bedeviled Eggs (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #4: Stake & Eggs (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #6: Scorched Eggs (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #7: Egg Drop Dead (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #8: Eggs on Ice (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #8) (Hardcover): $28.60
- #9: Egg Shooters (A Cackleberry Club Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
The ladies of the Cackleberry Club are always ready to serve--whether they're cooking up breakfast or sniffing out a bad egg.
While Petra handles the breakfast rush at the Cackleberry Club, the cafe's other two owners, Suzanne and Toni, head to Memorial Cemetery to help prepare for its 150th anniversary celebration. But as they search the winding paths for the historical society tent, they discover something else out of place: the body of ex-prison warden Lester Drummond lying facedown in someone else's freshly dug grave.
In the small town of Kindred, everyone knows everyone, and Lester was no exception. Suzanne knew him as the creepy guy who made unwanted advances on her friend Missy Langston. But now it appears the man was hiding a few secrets...and at least one of them was worth killing for.
As the case cracks open, there are plenty of suspects to consider--from recent parolees to Missy herself, who Suzanne and Toni saw speeding away just before they found the body. Now, with a cemetery celebration in the offing, and the local authorities in over their heads, it's up to the Cackleberry Club to unscramble the clues and clear their friend's name.
About the Author
Laura Childs is the "New York Times "bestselling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, the Scrapbooking Mysteries, and the Cackleberry Club Mysteries. She is a consummate tea drinker, scrapbooker, and dog lover, and travels frequently to China and Japan with Dr. Bob, her professor husband. In her past life she was a Clio Award winning advertising writer and CEO of her own marketing firm."
Praise for the Cackleberry Club Mysteries
“Tasty and fun.”—Minneapolis Star Tribune
“A recipe for success from a talented author.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“A delicious platter of thrilling whodunit, with a side of friendship and humor for dessert.”—Las Vegas Review-Journal
“With a plot that holds the interest and characters who are well-envisioned and well-executed, Childs will have readers planning another trip to the Cackleberry Club and its treats” –Richmond Times Dispatch
“There's a lot going on in this 280-page paperback, but the fast-paced story never seems too crowded.” –St. Paul Pioneer Press