- How To download kobo and ebooks
- eBook Sales
- First-in-series Mystery eBooks SALE
- MacMallin eBooks SALE
- Hot Historical e-Books SALE!
- Algonquin's Lucky 7 eBook SALE!
- Timber's eBook SALE
- Blue Plate Special eBook SALE!
- The Artisan Cookbook eBook SALE
- Storey's Fresh Picks eBook SALE!
- Timber's eBooks in Bloom SALE!
- Thrillers Promotion eBook SALE!
- Mixed Author eBook SALE!
- Bloombury Classic eBook SALE!
- Agatha Christie eBook Sale!
- eBooks by Subject
- Staff Reads
- Staff Picks
- Recent Reads
- Staff Favorites
- Tricia Top 10 Best Reads
- Staff Picks - By Subject
- Must Reads For Children
- Top 15 Novels of all time
- YA Reads
- Local Authors
- Photos of Events
- April 26th-Author Meagan Poetschlag Signing
- April 26th-Author Judy Duarte Talk & Signing
- April 29th-Fearless Women Lecture
- May 3rd-Author Sherrie Todd-Beshore Signing
- May 3rd-Author Elizabeth Gunn Signing
- May 4th-Cat Adoption with S.A.R.A
- May 9th-Tucson Minimalists Group
- May 11th-Author Leona Claire Fuller Signing
- May 15th-Flash Fiction & Poetry
- May 17th-Authors Sabrina Devonshire adn Lala Corriere Signing
- May 17th- Author Jerry Harris Signing
- May 24th-Artist Trevor Smith Talk & Signing
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation - Tucson Chapter
- Tucson Festival of Books
- BOOK CLUBS
- Autographed Books
- Anderson, Laurie Halse
- Casanova, Mary
- Clark, Ryan
- Crombie, Deborah
- De Lint, Charles
- Forman, Gayle
- Haddix, Margaret Peterson
- Hagen, Bethany
- Harrison, Kim
- Hoffman, Alice
- Houck, Colleen
- Jance, J. A.
- Jennings, Patrick
- Maberry, Jonathan
- Masterman, Becky
- McMann, Lisa
- Morgan, Page
- Parsons, Mark Huntley
- Penman, Sharon Kay
- Perry, Anne
- Pike, Aprilynne
- Rhodes, Morgan
- Russo, Richard
- Sala, Sharon
- Simner, Janni Lee
- Stiefvater, Maggie
- Van Draanen, Wendelin
- Wallace, Rich
- Wallace, Sandra Neil
- Young, Suzanne
- TUCSON FESTIVAL OF BOOKS 2014
- About Us
- Log In
- KOBO ARC 7HD Sale!
Specials by Scott Westerfeld is the exciting conclusion to the Uglies trilogy (although there is a extra book in the trilogy that explores life after Tally’s adventure). Tally is turned into the creatures she hates, the specials. She now has the appearance of a cruel beautiful person and has incredible strength to use against the uglies and pretties. However, she’s also still Tally, and knows that something about her isn’t right. After the operation, she finds herself getting more and more angry. She tries to control the monster within her and keep her true-self intact, but it is an ongoing struggle. At the same time, Tally is realizing that she needs to find away to fight back against her corrupt government that is convinced it must keep everyone the same. So, Tally secretly joins up with the Crims in the hopes of making everyone regain their previous minds that they had before they were turned pretty. But things are much more challenging since Tally is supposed to be fighting to keep the corrupt government in charge.
A great end to an already exciting trilogy. Westerfeld does a great job with keeping the action and adventure going throughout the series. His characters are strong and defined, and he continues to push them in new directions as the story progresses. This is a great series for anyone looking for a good dystopian read.--Sherry
"Special Circumstances": The words have sent chills down Tally's spine since her days as a repellent, rebellious ugly. Back then Specials were a sinister rumor -- frighteningly beautiful, dangerously strong, breathtakingly fast. Ordinary pretties might live their whole lives without meeting a Special. But Tally's never been ordinary.
And now, in the third book in the series, Tally's been turned into a Special: a superamped fighting machine, engineered to keep the uglies down and the pretties stupid.
The strength, the speed, and the clarity and focus of her thinking feel better than anything Tally can remember. Most of the time. One tiny corner of her heart still remembers something more.
Still, it's easy to tune that out -- until Tally's offered a chance to stamp out the rebels of the New Smoke permanently. It all comes down to one last choice: listen to that tiny, faint heartbeat, or carry out the mission she's programmed to complete. Either way, Tally's world will never be the same.
About the Author
Scott Westerfeld‘s other teen books include the Midnighters series, Peeps, So Yesterday, and The Last Days. He divides his summers between Sydney, Australia, and New York City.