- How To download kobo and ebooks
- eBook Sales
- Janet Evanovich eBook SALE!
- Harper Classics eBook SALE!
- Workman: Homemade Holidays eBooks!
- Mixed Author eBook SALE!
- Storey's Fresh Picks eBook SALE!
- Bloombury Classic eBook SALE!
- Orbit Short Fiction eBook SALE!
- Agatha Christie eBook Sale!
- Holiday Fill Your New eReader eBooks SALE!
- Holiday Themed Books eBook SALE!
- Steals & Deals eBook SALE!
- Thrillers Promotion eBook SALE!
- eBooks by Subject
- Current Bestsellers
- November Bestsellers
- October Bestsellers
- September Bestsellers
- August Bestsellers
- July Bestsellers
- June Bestsellers
- May Bestsellers
- April Bestsellers
- March Bestsellers
- February Bestsellers
- January Bestsellers
- Staff Reads
- Staff Picks
- Recent Reads
- Staff Favorites
- Tricia Top 10 Best Reads
- Staff Picks - By Subject
- Must Reads For Children
- Top 15 Novels of all time
- YA Reads
- Local Authors
- December 14th-Author Lisa Arrington Signing
- December 14th-Author Patti Albaugh Signing
- December 19th- Poetry and Flash Fiction Open Mic
- December 21st-Author Barbara Fleming Signing
- December 28th-Author Morgan Moss Signing
- December 29th-Steve Bye Artist Talk & Signing
- January 5th - S.A.R.A. Cat Adoption
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation - Tucson Chapter
- Photos of Events
- Tucson Festival of Books
- BOOK CLUBS
- Non-Fiction Book Discussion Group
- Fiction Group
- Mystery Group
- YA Reads with Mostly Books booklist
- Under Wraps Book Club
- Autographed Books
- About Us
- Wish list
- Log In
- Cursive is Cool Pencils
Specials by Scott Westerfeld is the exciting conclusion to the Uglies trilogy (although there is a extra book in the trilogy that explores life after Tally’s adventure). Tally is turned into the creatures she hates, the specials. She now has the appearance of a cruel beautiful person and has incredible strength to use against the uglies and pretties. However, she’s also still Tally, and knows that something about her isn’t right. After the operation, she finds herself getting more and more angry. She tries to control the monster within her and keep her true-self intact, but it is an ongoing struggle. At the same time, Tally is realizing that she needs to find away to fight back against her corrupt government that is convinced it must keep everyone the same. So, Tally secretly joins up with the Crims in the hopes of making everyone regain their previous minds that they had before they were turned pretty. But things are much more challenging since Tally is supposed to be fighting to keep the corrupt government in charge.
A great end to an already exciting trilogy. Westerfeld does a great job with keeping the action and adventure going throughout the series. His characters are strong and defined, and he continues to push them in new directions as the story progresses. This is a great series for anyone looking for a good dystopian read.--Sherry
"Special Circumstances": The words have sent chills down Tally's spine since her days as a repellent, rebellious ugly. Back then Specials were a sinister rumor -- frighteningly beautiful, dangerously strong, breathtakingly fast. Ordinary pretties might live their whole lives without meeting a Special. But Tally's never been ordinary.
And now, in the third book in the series, Tally's been turned into a Special: a superamped fighting machine, engineered to keep the uglies down and the pretties stupid.
The strength, the speed, and the clarity and focus of her thinking feel better than anything Tally can remember. Most of the time. One tiny corner of her heart still remembers something more.
Still, it's easy to tune that out -- until Tally's offered a chance to stamp out the rebels of the New Smoke permanently. It all comes down to one last choice: listen to that tiny, faint heartbeat, or carry out the mission she's programmed to complete. Either way, Tally's world will never be the same.
About the Author
Scott Westerfeld‘s other teen books include the Midnighters series, Peeps, So Yesterday, and The Last Days. He divides his summers between Sydney, Australia, and New York City.