- How To download kobo and ebooks
- eBook Sales
- Janet Evanovich eBook SALE!
- Harper Classics eBook SALE!
- Workman: Homemade Holidays eBooks!
- Mixed Author eBook SALE!
- Storey's Fresh Picks eBook SALE!
- Bloombury Classic eBook SALE!
- Orbit Short Fiction eBook SALE!
- Agatha Christie eBook Sale!
- Holiday Fill Your New eReader eBooks SALE!
- Holiday Themed Books eBook SALE!
- Steals & Deals eBook SALE!
- Thrillers Promotion eBook SALE!
- eBooks by Subject
- Current Bestsellers
- November Bestsellers
- October Bestsellers
- September Bestsellers
- August Bestsellers
- July Bestsellers
- June Bestsellers
- May Bestsellers
- April Bestsellers
- March Bestsellers
- February Bestsellers
- January Bestsellers
- Staff Reads
- Staff Picks
- Recent Reads
- Staff Favorites
- Tricia Top 10 Best Reads
- Staff Picks - By Subject
- Must Reads For Children
- Top 15 Novels of all time
- YA Reads
- Local Authors
- December 7th-Author Jane Gerencher Story Time and Signing
- December 8th-Artist Evelyn Rosenberg Talk & Signing
- December 8th-Author Gail Kushner Talk & Signing
- December 14th-Author Lisa Arrington Signing
- December 14th-Author Patti Albaugh Signing
- December 19th- Poetry and Flash Fiction Open Mic
- December 21st-Author Barbara Fleming Signing
- December 28th-Author Morgan Moss Signing
- December 29th-Steve Bye Artist Talk & Signing
- January 5th - S.A.R.A. Cat Adoption
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation - Tucson Chapter
- Photos of Events
- Tucson Festival of Books
- BOOK CLUBS
- Non-Fiction Book Discussion Group
- Fiction Group
- Mystery Group
- YA Reads with Mostly Books booklist
- Under Wraps Book Club
- Autographed Books
- About Us
- Wish list
- Log In
- Cursive is Cool Pencils
“I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire. . . . I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.” —from The Sound and the Fury
The Sound and the Fury is the tragedy of the Compson family, featuring some of the most memorable characters in literature: beautiful, rebellious Caddy; the manchild Benjy; haunted, neurotic Quentin; Jason, the brutal cynic; and Dilsey, their black servant. Their lives fragmented and harrowed by history and legacy, the character’s voices and actions mesh to create what is arguably Faulkner’s masterpiece and one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century.
About the Author
William Cuthbert Faulkner was born in 1897 and raised in Oxford, Mississippi, where he spent most of his life. One of the towering figures of American literature, he is the author of The Sound and the Fury, Absalom, Absalom!, and As I Lay Dying, among many other remarkable books. Faulkner was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1950 and France’s Legion of Honor in 1951. He died in 1962.
Praise for The Sound and the Fury…
“I am in awe of Faulkner’s Benjy, James’s Maisie, Flaubert’s Emma, Melville’s Pip, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein—each of us can extend the list. . . . I am interested in what prompts and makes possible this process of entering what one is estranged from.” —Toni Morrison
“No man ever put more of his heart and soul into the written word than did William Faulkner. If you want to know all you can about that heart and soul, the fiction where he put it is still right there.” —Eudora Welty