- How To download kobo and ebooks
- eBook Sales
- Kids and YA eBook SALE
- Book Club Fiction eBooks SALE
- Oscars eBooks SALE!
- Hot Historical e-Books SALE!
- Algonquin's Lucky 7 eBook SALE!
- Timber's eBook SALE
- Blue Plate Special eBook SALE!
- Storey's Fresh Picks eBook SALE!
- Perennial Staff Picks eBook SALE!
- Thrillers Promotion eBook SALE!
- Mixed Author eBook SALE!
- Bloombury Classic eBook SALE!
- Agatha Christie eBook Sale!
- eBooks by Subject
- Staff Reads
- Staff Picks
- Recent Reads
- Staff Favorites
- Tricia Top 10 Best Reads
- Staff Picks - By Subject
- Must Reads For Children
- Top 15 Novels of all time
- YA Reads
- Local Authors
- Photos of Events
- March 9th-Author David Rawson Reading & Signing
- March 20th-Minimalist Panel with authors Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus
- March 27th-Fearless Women Lecture
- March 29th- Dream Workshop with JM DeBord
- April 6th-Wendelin Van Draanen and Mark Huntley Parson Talk & Signing
- April 6th-Cat Adoption with S.A.R.A
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation - Tucson Chapter
- Tucson Festival of Books
- March 22nd-Book Study and Overview of Hold Me Tight
- BOOK CLUBS
- Autographed Books
- TUCSON FESTIVAL OF BOOKS 2014
- About Us
- Log In
- Cursive is Cool Pencils
Mike Cooper’s newest novel Clawback is a riveting financial thriller. Silas has been hired to track down the murderer of several investment bankers. He soon teams up with a financial blogger looking for her first real break when things start to get interesting. His initial hunch of who-dun-it doesn’t seem right. Now he is beginning to wonder if it is an inside job. This was an intriguing read. Cooper’s character lives completely off the grid, and it was interesting to read how he manages to stay that way. Constantly paying in cash, having no permanent home, only having prepaid cells that can easily be tossed, made Silas a much more captivating character. It was also fascinating to learn about investment banking and how computers really control the trends of selling and buying. All and all making for a good read with an exciting conclusion. --Tricia
A tough, topical financial thriller that exposes the dark underbelly of Wall Street.
After a stint in the Middle East, black ops vet Silas Cade becomes an "accountant"-the go-to for financiers who need things done quickly, quietly, and by any means necessary. Silas is hired by a major player to pay a visit to a hedge fund manager to demand clawback: the mandatory return of compensation paid on a deal that goes bad. But before Cade can tell his client that he got his ten million back, the guy turns up dead.
And he's not the first. Someone's killing investment bankers whose funds have gone south. Silas's scrubbed identity, and his insider's perspective, makes him the ideal shadow man to track down whoever's murdering some of the most hated managers on Wall Street. With the aid of a beautiful financial blogger looking to break her first big story, Silas tracks a violent security crew who may be the key to the executions. But as paranoia and panic spread, he begins to wonder: is the threat coming from inside the game-or out?
With breakneck pacing, nonstop action, and cutting edge details of today's financial intelligence technology, Clawback hurtles to its final twist, a gripping contemporary tale of shady finance, venal corruption, and greed run rampant.
About the Author
Mike Cooper is the pen name for a former financial executive. Winner of a Shamus Award for his short fiction, he was also nominated for an International Thriller Writers Award for a previous novel, published under another name. He lives in Boston with his wife and two children.